Do you know exactly how old your current doors are? If you haven’t thought about them in a while, it might be time to start thinking of an update. With fall and winter coming up, it’s essential to make sure your home is properly insulated. Every homeowner needs to take the time every so often to make sure that the doors protecting your home are maintained. This is also extremely important if you are going to be selling your home in the future. Home buyers are attracted to new and energy efficient replacement doors. This will increase the value of your home.
The 5 signs your doors are in need of an update:
- You feel a draft underneath the door: If you have to put a stopper or towel at the base of your door then it’s definitely time for an update. A good exterior door should be completely insulated and you should not feel a draft.
- You’ve had water or insect damage before: In the case that there has been insect or water damage before, your wood has been affected greatly. Weak wood will not keep your home safe. Energy bills will also increase if there’s been water or insect damage.
- It has weather damage: You can easily tell if there are cracks or the wood is weathered on the outer side of the door. Your door goes through a lot and it is common for doors to deteriorate over time from harsh weather.
- It’s not secure: Your home and families safety is the top priority for an exterior door. Doors that are un-sturdy or old could easily be kicked in. There are options for deadbolt locked but if the frame of your door is old, it will not do much.
- It looks outdated: Same with windows, your exterior door is the focal point of a house. It has a big impact on your homes curb appeal. An updated front door could change the whole look of your home.
If you are looking to update your doors, AHT is here to help. AHT Wisconsin Windows has been serving following areas since 1967: Appleton, Neenah, Oshkosh, DePere, Green Bay, Waupaca, Bonduel, New London, Shawano, Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Reedsville, Sun Prairie, Madison, Clintonville, Brookfield, West Allis, Menomonee Falls, Racine, Kenosha, and surrounding areas. Call AHT Wisconsin Windows today to find out if we service your area.
Call AHT Wisconsin Windows today at 866-367-6560 or click here to schedule your free, no obligation in-home consultation with our experts.