Your replacement windows and patio door from AHT Wisconsin Windows have been designed to provide you with energy efficiency, convenience and improve the beauty of your home both inside and out for 50 years and beyond. One of the benefits of buying replacement windows from AHT Wisconsin Windows is the ability to tilt in your double hung windows for cleaning.
Understanding how to use your new windows is essential to getting the most out of your investment.
We have the basics steps listed below and you can watch Scott show you how easy it is to tilt in your double hung windows from AHT Wisconsin Windows.
DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS
- Unlock the window
- Lift the lower sash at least 4-6 inches prior to pressing both release buttons, called tilt latches. This will ensure the sash does not rub against or crack the bottom frame as you tilt it in.
- CAUTION: DO NOT DROP THE SASH ONCE YOU RELEASE THE TILT LATCHES. This could cause damage to the frame or glass. Gently rest the lower sash against the window frame.
- Pull the top sash down least 4-6 inches prior to pressing both tilt latches.
- CAUTION: DO NOT DROP THE SASH ONCE YOU RELEASE THE TILT LATCHES. This could cause damage to the frame or glass. Gently rest the upper sash against the lower sash.
- TIP: When tilting the sash in and out for cleaning, hold from the center vs. the sides. This will help keep the window in alignment.
- Once you are ready to tilt the sashes back in – always start with the upper sash.
- While it is still 4-6 inches from the top the top of the frame, gently lift the upper sash until you hear it click back into position. You can then slide it closed.
- While it is still 4-6 inches from the bottom of the frame, gently lift the lower sash upwards until you hear it click back into position. You can then slide it closed.
- Lock the window
How to Clean Your New Double Hung AHT Window
Scott provides a quick tutorial on how easy it is to clean your new AHT Double Hung Window.
If you are looking to replace your windows, patio or entry door turn to the name you can trust. AHT Wisconsin Windows has serving following areas since 1967: Fox Cities, Neenah, DePere, Green Bay, Waupaca, Bonduel, New London, Shawano, Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Reedsville, Sun Prairie, Madison, Clintonville, Brookfield, West Allis, Menominee Falls, Racine, Kenosha and surrounding areas. Call AHT Wisconsin Windows today to find out if we service your area.
Make sure to take advantage of our special offers prior to your appointment!
Call us today at 866-367-6560 or click here to schedule your free, no obligation in-home consultation with our experts to hear more about our solid core composite windows and how we can make window replacement comfortable for any budget.