GET THE FACTS: Benefits of Gas Filled Windows
In this week’s GET THE FACTS series we’re going to talk about gas filled replacement windows. We’ll cover the benefits and common FAQ’s.
BENEFITS OF GAS FILLED WINDOWS
When you choose to replace your windows, you want to get as much return on your investment as possible. This means you should select a window with multiple panes of glass and gas filled between each pane. Doing this increases the efficiency of your replacement window, helping to reduce heating and cooling costs.
HOW DOES A GAS FILLED WINDOW INCREASE ENERGY EFFICIENCY?
Gas is thicker and denser than air and insulates the glass pane from the outside temperatures.
WILL I SEE OR SMELL THE GAS?
No, all gas used in replacement windows is colorless and odorless. If your window seems cloudy or hazy this is because of a seal failure of the window and should be fixed immediately.
IS THE GAS DANGEROUS?
The short answer is no. Regardless of the type of gas filled window you choose, they all occur naturally in the atmosphere and are harmless.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
- If you don’t have gas fills between the panes of glass, they are filled with air.
- This is the most commonly used gas in replacement windows and is the cheapest option. It is denser than air, but not denser than other gases used.
- This gas is denser than air and argon and is the best option if you are looking for the most energy efficient.
What sets AHT Wisconsin Windows apart from others?
Buying gas filled windows is just the beginning. When shopping for energy efficient replacement windows it’s important to consider all factors. The combination of features you get with AHT Wisconsin Windows is how we are helping homeowners save up to 40% on their heating and cooling costs!
Buying replacement windows and doors is an investment you only want to make once and not all windows and window companies are created equal. That’s why selecting the right replacement window company is critical.
When you put your trust in AHT Wisconsin Windows you get the following benefits:
- Solid Core Composite Frame with Triple Panes of Glass
- Up to 400% stronger than rigid vinyl
- Available in a variety of colors to fit every décor
- Warm edge spacer system
- 2 layers of proprietary Krypton blend gas fills
- Superior Low-e Glass
- Titanium low-e application: Most energy efficient and reduces up to 99% of damaging UV rays
- Soft coat low-e application: Provides uniform coverage
- 22 layers of directionally applied low-e coatings: Typical windows have 3-6 layers applied. Our 22 directionally applied layers allow passive solar heat during colder months and reflect solar heat during warmer months.
- Energy Star Most Efficient Window
- We’ve been named Energy Stars most efficient window 5 years in a row!
- 50-year Warranty
- Hands down, the best warranty you’ll ever find!
- Not prorated and fully transferable.
- Warranty for workmanship and product.
- Experience and Reputation
- We’ve been selling and installing windows since 1967 and have an A+ rating with the BBB
- Testimonials, Reviews and Pictures
- Don’t just take our word for it, look and see what other customers have to say about us.
- Options to Fit Every Budget
- We have partnerships with a variety of lenders and our expert consultants will work with you to find a payment that is comfortable for your budget and make your home improvement dream a reality.
AHT Wisconsin Windows proudly serves the following areas: Fox Cities, Appleton, Waunakee, Algoma, Stevens Point, Scofield, Sun Prairie and surrounding areas. Call AHT Wisconsin Windows today at 866-367-6560 to find out if we service your area.
Make sure to take advantage of our special offers prior to your appointment!
Call us today at 866-367-6560 or click here to schedule your free, no obligation in home consultation with our experts to hear more about our solid core composite windows and how we can make window replacement comfortable for any budget.