Disadvantages of Vinyl Replacement Windows in Madison Homes
Vinyl Replacement Windows in Madison, WI has been popular in the past due to low maintenance, but when doing your research for your upcoming window replacement project you need to take into consideration some of the disadvantages of vinyl replacement windows vs the advantages of composite replacement windows.
Disadvantages of Vinyl Replacement Windows Madison, WI
- Latest Technology – When you are looking for the latest technology in window frames, composite windows have vinyl replacement windows beat. Our composite windows have the newest technology making them 400 percent stronger than vinyl.
- Longevity – Vinyl replacement windows will last 20-40 years whereas our composite windows are more durable and have a 50-year transferable, non-prorated manufacturer’s warranty, and we also offer a 50-year workmanship warranty.
- Energy Efficiency – Vinyl replacement windows usually have a hollow core thereby making them less energy efficient than composite windows that are solid core. Our composite replacement windows are ranked “most efficient” by ENERGY STAR. They feature triple-pane glass with two Low-E coatings and krypton gas fills, our energy-efficient windows are designed for the Madison, WI climate and will help keep the temperature inside your home more stable throughout the year.
More advantages of our composite replacement windows include:
- Beauty and appearance of wood without any of the maintenance hassles
- Will not rot, fade or chip
- Resists insects
- Resists mold and mildew
- Tilt-in sashes allow for easy cleaning
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Sound absorbent materials for quiet
Composite windows have been adding curb appeal and value to homes throughout Madison, WI for years. When you are in the market for replacement windows in Madison, WI, contact AHT Wisconsin Windows. We are here to answer all of your questions about the advantages of composite replacement windows and walk you through each step of windows replacement in Madison, Brookfield, Green Bay, Appleton, Neenah, De Pere, Wauwatosa, Ashwaubenon, and Sun Prairie, WI.