THV Compozit Windows
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) windows in the U.S. account for 30% of building heating and cooling energy loss. The EPA’s Energy Star Buildings Manual says, “windows almost always represent the largest source of unwanted heat loss and heat gain in buildings.” This means that without the kind of window repair Madison, WI home improvement experts recommend, you could be wasting almost one-third of the money you spend to heat and cool your home every month!
Older windows that are poorly designed, constructed and installed allow energy to pass through easily, reducing efficiency and increasing your monthly bills. The best way to make your home more beautiful, comfortable and energy efficient is to go for the kind of window replacement Madison, WI contractors recommend and replace your old, drafty windows with high performance, thermally efficient replacement windows from AHT Windows.
Seven reasons to replace your old windows
Are you tired of your drafty old windows that won’t close properly, are difficult to open, impossible to clean and allow cold air into your home? If that is not enough, here are seven additional reasons to invest in new, energy-efficient replacement windows Wisconsin!
1. Reduce your heating and cooling costs
2. Eliminate 99.5% of Ultraviolet damage
3. Make your home more comfortable and less drafty
4. Give you a quieter home
5. Virtually no maintenance
6. Improve home security
7. Enhance the beauty and “curb appeal” of your home
A replacement window designed exclusively for Wisconsin weather
AHT Windows is the exclusive Wisconsin supplier of the THV Compozit replacement windows in our area. The THV Compozit window is the most innovative, energy efficient window available on the market today.
The THV Compozit frame is made of Expanded Polymer Composites (EPC). EPC are materials produced in the presence of physical / chemical blowing agents, resins, additives and modifiers resulting in a foaming material with closed cells to enhance and improve impact resistance, weathering characteristics and superior thermal performance. Additionally the EPC also provides a window with the appearance and beauty of wood, without the maintenance hassles.
Other features of THV Compozit windows include:
- Insulates 214% better than hollow rigid vinyl windows
- Insulates 62% better than wood windows
- Will not rot, chip or fade
- Resists insects, molds, mildew and fungus
- Surface hardness and screw holding power is superior to pine
- Carries UL-VO-94 fire rating – The Best!
- Passed salt-water exposure of 1,000 hours
- Expansion / Contraction rate is well below rigid vinyl
- Durable 3-1/4″ master frame and welded corners deliver years of strength and beauty
- Warm edge spacer system provides additional insulation value
- Low-E glass package virtually eliminates heat convection
- Triple weather stripping and full depth interlock on sashes virtually eliminate drafts
- Full slope sills for a classic window look
- Sound absorbent materials for peace and quiet
- Tilt-in sashes allow for easy cleaning from inside your home. No ladders needed.
- High security ventilation locks help protect your family and home.
- Maintenance-free for years of value and enjoyment
Measuring energy savings in your Wisconsin replacement windows
AHT Windows is pleased to be able to offer you replacement windows that are among the most efficient on the market, with superior thermal performance that is built into the frames, glass and entire Wisconsin windows package. We can even measure the difference. Industry standards have been established for rating the energy performance of replacement windows. Every window we make comes with a label from the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) showing how our windows perform, based on the following laboratory tests:
The most important measure of a window’s performance is its U-value. The U-value indicates the rate of heat flow through a window. The lower the U-value, the more energy efficient the window will be. U-value measures the entire window unit — glass, frame, sash, spacers — and is the only measurement accepted by the U.S. Department of Energy’s EnergyStar program.
R-value is the measure of the resistance of glass to the flow of heat. The higher the R-value, the better the glass will be at insulating your home. But R-value is NOT an accepted form of measurement by the National Fenestration Research Council (NFRC) or EnergyStar, as it does not measure the overall window unit.
What is the NFRC?
The National Fenestration Research Council (NFRC) is an independent, non-profit organization that administers the only nationally accepted rating system for energy performance of windows, doors and skylights. The NFRC provides fair, accurate and reliable energy performance ratings so that architects, engineers, builders, code officials, contractors and homeowners can compare different products and make informed choices. Look for the NFRC label on any window you purchase.
Discover How to Be More Comfortable While Saving Money!
If the windows and doors in your home are not doing the job they were designed to do, it’s time to look into replacing them with high efficiency windows and doors from AHT Windows, instead of just calling for a window repair in Madison, WI. We’d be happy to provide a free estimate for a window replacement in Madison, WI and nearby areas. Just call us toll-free at (866) 602-7748, or click here to schedule a free, no-obligation in-home estimate.